This is it.
You are about to end 2021 and start again.
This year brought with it a bunch of emotions that could have been too much.
But here you are, eating the end of it all, stronger than ever.
You deserve to take some time to relax and unwind.
You deserve to let go of every single thing that no longer serves you.
You deserve to cleanse your energy and protect it from any negativity.
You deserve to set intentions that work for you and not for the people around you.
You deserve all these and more.
So, how do you make the most of the first New Moon that occurs on January 2, 2022?
Read on to find out.
1. Let Go
Let go may sound cliché, but it really isn’t.
It is a good practice to move forward with your life with ease. It gives you a sense of freedom from all the things that hold you back.
This is a time when you can assess what things are worth keeping and what you need to get rid of.
Here is a simple ritual you can do during the beautiful new moon.
- Get yourself a pen and paper and find a place where you are comfortable.
- Clear your head space and find your center.
- Think about how your 2021 was. (Think both good and bad)
- Focus on the things you think no longer serve you. (It could be a relationship, a bad habit, or things like photos)
- Write them all down.
- Once you are done, you can burn this piece of paper using a candle.
- As it turns to ashes, repeat this statement: Let it go. I let you go.
- If you don’t want to light a candle, you can also break it up one by one or crumple up the paper and throw it in the trash.
- Once you are ready, put your hand over your heart, and whisper: Thank you for being strong.
2. Energy Clearing
Before diving into the new year, you need to make time to clear your energy.
What does this mean, you may ask.
It’s a practice that can help you start the year off right. It will set the mood for your first month of 2022.
Energy clearing is the process of getting rid of negative energy that surround you, be it your mind or your body.
Once you are free of these, you can welcome and invite positivity from all places.
Here’s how you can do the ritual. But first, you will need your favorite crystal.
It can be a crystal for abundance or love, but the best one is the Obsidian stone.
It has the power to ward off ill will and negative energies. It can clean your space.
- Begin this ritual by sitting in a comfortable position.
- Relax your mind and body.
- With your left hand, hold the crystal and imagine a white ball of energy from you transferring to it.
- Now, trace every bit of your body with the crystal.
- You can take time in areas that need the most attention, like your head, for example. (if you think too much)
- As the negative energies transfer to your crystal, feel it leave your body.
- Once you are done, leave your stone by the moonlight to let the energy go and recharge.
- You can do it anytime when you need it.
3. Setting Intention
We have already talked about how setting a strong and useful intention it is.
It can help you write down the things that are important to you.
It can change your focus from what you want to what you need. Be sure to set a certain journal for your intentions.
Here is a simple ritual to harness its power.
- See what you want. Take time to think about it.
- Focus on the energy of your desire.
- Write it down.
- Think about what your next steps should be.
- Get away from any limiting beliefs.
- Create a mantra to strengthen your intentions every day.
- Practice gratitude.
I hope this helps you be ready for amazing things coming your way this 2022.
But whatever happens, trust the Universe. Trust in yourself.