Welcome to October!
A month traditionally related to harvest time and here in the northern hemisphere, the introduction of Autumn and the seasonal changes it brings.
I love this time of year and especially the riot of colors as the leaves turn all shades of red, orange and yellow. Seeing them fluttering against the backdrop of a bright blue sky brings me such pleasure. I also take time at the end of my day to watch the first stars twinkle in the sky as dusk falls and wait for the moon to rise against that dark night sky.
There are two full moons this month, strongly indicating the themes of clearing, releasing, clearing and cleansing as October begins.
The first full moon is the Harvest Moon and will take place in the sign of Aries on October 1, 2020.
Aries is a fire sign ruled by Mars; he represents the headstrong and passionate warrior and has a strong individual energy.
This suggests that this full moon can bring tension, passion, and drama into our lives.
We’ve already seen a lot of this in 2020, with a lot of division, drama and heated emotions bubbling up all over the world.
This full moon could potentially amplify the situation. As Mars rules Aries, it also activates the Mars Retrograde that began on September 9th.
Mars retrograde will act as a trigger for much of what we have seen come to fruition this year globally.
Fear, riots, uprisings and exposed corruption linked to power, governments and politics are likely to continue.
However, when toxicity rises to the surface, it means we have a chance to clean it energetically.
On a spiritual level, it is helpful to consider that the dark events of this year have occurred to bring about great positive changes in our world.
This is a time of great transition, and while it may seem difficult to understand why certain things are happening, as long as we keep a strong focus on higher frequencies, we can create a better world through a higher state of consciousness.
This may be true for you on a personal level as well. Do not despair with the powerful energy of this full moon! It’s not all tension and drama.
The sun is in the sign of Libra, a symbol of balance, harmony and peace. We also have an intense healing energy to tap into during this time projected to us by the asteroid Chiron, along with this full moon.
Chiron encourages us to keep our frequency high, our vibrations raised and remember that there is always a much wider perspective to everything. Any dramas being played out are only a small part of the much bigger picture in our infinite and magical universe.
There are always positive things waiting for us, so despite any strong emotions, dramatic events or complicated feelings you experience during this time, know that they are making themselves known to you so that you can let them go, to cleanse and release. of them.
What can you do to make the most of this Full Moon Energy?
Combine both the passion and warrior energy of Aries and Mars with the healing presence of Chiron and the balancing energy of Libra.
- Make a decision not to be drawn into drama, division or polarity.
- Keep yourself connected to higher vibrations.
- Be aligned with the best version of yourself.
- Channel your confidence and empower yourself.
- Decide where you might want to be more adventurous in your own life.
- Push your limits a little, where can you afford to step out of your box a little?
Try this Ritual for the Full Moon in Aries
On the night of the full moon, try my short, healing and cleansing ritual.
I suggest you use the power and energy of this Full Moon to release the thing that has been bothering you the most lately.
- Choose one thing, whether it’s a person you want to forgive or a habit, behavior or pattern you want to break.
- Place where you will not be disturbed. If you have a calming area of your home where you can light a candle or burn some essential oils or incense, make use of that space now.
- When you take some deep, cleansing breaths, bring to mind the thing you choose to release with the energy of the Full Moon.
- Write on a piece of paper, or in your journal, everything you are feeling about this thing. Go all out, hold nothing back! No one is reading this but you.
- Exhaust the energy that is bottled up around this thing by removing it on the page.
- Now, imagine that thing, person, habit or pattern, whatever it is – imagine it dissolving before you. You can see this as a puff of smoke, a melt, a disappearing bubble, whatever comes to mind.
- Now you’re going to burn that piece of paper (safely of course! So do it over a sink)
- As you watch the paper burn to ashes, say to yourself:
Under the silver light of this October Full Moon, I release all the energies from this issue that no longer serve me. Cleanse myself of these blocks that hold me back and are no longer aligned with my highest self and my future path. Cleanse and rid myself and my space of all dark energies. I am healed, light, cleansed. Thank you. And so it is. Thank you. Thank you.
Have a wonderful Full Moon in October!