Halloween is upon us and something special is happening this year. On October 31st, we have a BLUE MOON in Taurus; this is an incredibly auspicious moon for all of us.
A Blue Moon is a powerful and magical occurrence that occurs whenever there are two full moons in one month. It symbolizes a powerful time. We had the first full moon in Aries right at the beginning of the month, and here we are now at the end of the month with the full moon on the last day in Taurus.
Full moons are always associated with release, completion and letting go, so two full moons in one month indicates a big release theme, more than double the normal.
The tradition of Halloween has its roots in the pagan belief of Samhain, a time that many different cultures believed represented the thinning of the veil between the spiritual dimensions (or the veil between the living and the dead ).
A Blue Moon that falls on this special day amplifies your intuition and helps you connect with your Higher Self and the spiritual dimension with more ease.
The fact that this Blue Moon falls on Halloween and Samhain is a powerful guide for us to use this time to connect with a spiritual realm, to honor our departed loved ones, those who have died and to take the a decision to surrender to the ebbs and flows. of our life.
How Do We Make The Last Of This Blue Moon?
Reflect on the cycles of birth and death
This October 31st is an important time to reflect on your cycle of birth and death energy, whether it be in the form of letting go of the old, making way for the new, birthing projects, relationships or new directions in life.
Consider what you recently gave birth to?
The one who died?
Where are things in your life still in the stages between life and death? What might you need to let go and release to make room for the new?
Journal about what comes up for you when you think about these questions
Taurus – Grounds us to the Earth
The fact that this moon falls in an earthy and stable Taurus sign serves to serve and connect us to the Earth.
Look to nature if you’re feeling flustered or volatile around this time, which is normal. The cosmos has a chaotic energy at the time of a full moon, and it is important to stay in the present moment as much as possible.
Make sure you take a nice, long walk outside and breathe in the fresh air.
Taurus reminds us to be centered, secure, and calm. It is a wonderful time to do a grounding or Earth meditation.
This will also help you stay grounded and connected in your physical body, even as you are expanding your spiritual wisdom and intuition.
Mini Full Moon Release Ritual
This ritual guides you to make the most of these powerful full moon energies. I always find that a candle, some incense or burning essential oils enhances the ritual atmosphere and helps to create the kind of cleaning, a calm space that facilitates this spiritual work.
- Find a comfortable, quiet space to sit and take a few moments to be still.
- Think mentally about what kind of things you want to release.
- You may have a long list of people you would like to forgive, someone you are holding some anger, resentment, bitterness or bad feelings.
- This can be someone or something, any situation that frustrates you or your hands.
- Take deep cleansing breaths and write down everything you just thought about.
- There may be a long list of names you want to forgive, or a habit, thought pattern or belief you wish to release. It’s up to you.
- Write it all down.
- Now you will burn or rip the piece of paper. No matter what you do, the point is to destroy the paper, symbolically releasing what is written there.
- Now, close your eyes and imagine those things, people, situations, habits, beliefs whatever they were – imagine them being released into the Universe, surrounded by divine light.
- If it helps, watch them disappear in silver and white bubbles of light. Watch them go with a smile, and feel yourself speeding up with that release.
- You can say out loud or in your mind,
“I release that which no longer serves me back into the Universe with love.”
- Now, say a prayer of gratitude for all that is beautiful in your life right now.
- If you have loved ones who have passed, this is a beautiful night to honor their lives, light a candle, say a prayer, play their favorite song and meditate to send them love and light wherever they are now.
I hope you enjoy this magical and bright Blue Moon! Blessings to you all.